Accessing Other Programs

If you receive SNAP benefits you, may be eligible for discounts on your electric and/or telephone bills. You may need a copy of your SNAP Verification letter to receive these benefits. Your local DHS Office will be able to assist you with this.


To get the A-60 (lower) rate for your electric bill, please send a copy of your SNAP Verification letter to National Grid.

You can call them at: 1-800-322-3223.


To get the Life Line Service for your telephone bill, please call:

Verizon: 1-800-870-9999 or Cox Cable: 401-383-2000


To receive heating assistance, apply for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Call the CAP (Community Action Program) agency nearest to where you live.

East Bay CAP 437-5102

South County CAP 789-3016

West Bay CAP 732-4660

Tri Town CAP 351-2750

Blackstone Valley CAP 723-4520

Providence CAP 273-0882

Comprehensive CAP 467-9610

Elderly Individuals 462-3000

Or call the Emergency Fuel Hotline at 574-9003.